PDA

View Full Version : weber DGV's

Rob DeScherer
07-01-2003, 01:26 PM
I would like to switch to the DGV's instead of the ZS carbs. A new kit is expensive, so I was wondering if anyone new of somewhere to get a set of rebuilt webers. Thanks.

ainadude
07-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Saw a setup on eBay over the weekend -- think it was complete with intake, linkage and air cleaner -- at a high bid of about $200. Don't know if it was rebuilt, but a kit is only about $30. It may still be available. Check it out.

07-02-2003, 07:40 AM
A word of advice concerning DGV's. They are not all that great in a TR6 application. They are not adjustable, only by rejetting. What you get when you buy a new set is a generic jet set. Also, the extra run on the intake takes something out of the efficiency. You lose something on initial acceleration. My advice is get your Strombergs rebuilt professionally. Cheaper, and better suited to the TR. Gary Martin or Joe Curto will do great work..

Dr. Bill

aeronca65t
07-02-2003, 08:45 AM
Rob:

I saw lots of these at Britfest (Dover, NJ) in the flea market....will probably be lots at Fallfest too (like Bill, I'm not a great fan of these, though)

Rob DeScherer
07-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses. I have just been really frustrated with my zeniths. I guess I will take them to Joe Curto, as he is in my area. I had rebuilt them myself, but I just can't seem to get them to work properly.

Zer
07-02-2003, 10:24 AM
There is one on e-bay right now.
go to Ebay motors - spitfire parts- new listing!