PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Man TT Video

Steve
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Simon's post reminded me of this........For those of you who have never seen it, this video deals with the TT races on the Isle of Man, but with a twist. The late, great, Irish rider Joey Dunlop, the undisputed king of the Island, takes the camera for a hot lap around the circuit, and adds commentary on each corner.........and there are many of 'em! One quote concerning a particularly nasty bend that blew my mind was "You can get round it alright but you've got to hit your helmet against the wall"!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a fine line!

Anyway, the title of the video is V Four Victory, you can get it through Amazon.com, but it looks as if it's on backorder just about everywhere.........It was recorded in 1983. Worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!

aeronca65t
12-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Check ~THIS VIDEO~ (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5980197724552340837&q=isle+of+man& hl=en) to see a Honda CB 500 run during public times at the IoM.
If you search "Google Video", you can find lots more, but this one is fairly decent and not too grainy.

Harry_Ward
12-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Wow, did anyone else get that sense of urgency to pull it back over to the right side of the road? I sure did until I saw all that traffic in my lane! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif