PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 suspension

JWC
12-06-2002, 11:52 PM
new to forum,tring to figure out proceedure.need advice on front suspension 74 TR6,seems left side furthur front than right side by 3/4 inch....top wishbone arms ...one side marked R.assume this is for Rear placement on both sides....Lower Arms..which is rear and which is front...are they marked.... and lastly placement of lower arms into frame.. there is four bolt holes on the frame ..each side.. whice one to use does it matter...I assume the Idea is to line the top ball joint up with the lower Trunion in a verticle LIne from top to bottom.. it seems mine is angled forward..apreciate any advice anybody

piman
12-07-2002, 06:45 AM
Hello JWC,

From what information I have the top wishbones have a front and a rear which fit either side.
The bottom wishbones have identical pairs, right front or left rear and left front or right rear. That is the top wishbones can be either way up and the lower are one way up only. If these have been mixed up it will give some strange geometry.
Normally the top pivot will be slightly behind the bottom to give some castor angle which gives the steering self centreing.
I can't help with the four holes, so perhaps someone else can help on that aspect.

Good luck
Alec graemlins/thirsty.gif