PDA

View Full Version : Wedge TR8 Update questions

zoomnbyu
09-20-2001, 12:11 AM
Folks, I need some help. I replaced my whinney sniveling Strombergs w/a Holley 390 and Edelbrock intake manifold. Since then I've a couple of minor problems that are driving me crazy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Coolant light-Before change coolant light would stay on for first 1/2 mile or so. It refuses to go out now. I could pour 50 gallons of anti-freeze mixture in and it would still glow. Why???

Leaving stop lights-Carburator experts, I have a lag of a sec or so when I hit the gas. Has anyone done this change and remember the size jets they used? Power valve?

Also any other concerns/problems anyone has encountered with this setup?

Thanks in advance folks.

Basil
09-20-2001, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by zoomnbyu:
Folks, I need some help. I replaced my whinney sniveling Strombergs w/a Holley 390 and Edelbrock intake manifold. Since then I've a couple of minor problems that are driving me crazy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Coolant light-Before change coolant light would stay on for first 1/2 mile or so. It refuses to go out now. I could pour 50 gallons of anti-freeze mixture in and it would still glow. Why???

Leaving stop lights-Carburator experts, I have a lag of a sec or so when I hit the gas. Has anyone done this change and remember the size jets they used? Power valve?

Also any other concerns/problems anyone has encountered with this setup?

Thanks in advance folks.

Well, I'm not familiar with that setup per se, but if your car is running to hot, it may be that the new carb setup is running too lean. Pull your plugs and see how they look.. If they look very clean, almost steam cleaned, you may be running too lean and wouuld need to enrich the mixture. Not sure that's your problem, but its one thing that can be checked easily.

Basil

RSMTR8
04-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Check the wire on the coolant tank, make sure it did not come loose. Also, if you are not getting good pressure, that can cause the light to stay on also. A new coolant cap is cheap. That light should not be affected by your new carbs. As far as the lag is concerned, mine does it when it is cold, but once it warms up the lag disappears. Might want to check the mixture. Could be to high or to low.

Good Luck!

Rod

RomanH
04-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Leaving stop lights-Carburator experts, I have a lag of a sec or so when I hit the gas.

By no means am I a carburetor expert and I can't help you with the specifics of your Holley carb but I do know your symptom very well. The lag, which you mention, is more than likely a sign of an overly lean mixture. IT took me some time to eliminate this same condition on the carb setup I have on my 6.