PDA

View Full Version : Sighting......I wish that I hadn't

Steve
10-01-2006, 12:46 PM
The other day, I happened to stop by the mall to pick up a book, and upon leaving I saw a Jaguar 'S' Type, black on black. So far so good, I happen to like the styling of this car. But some person who is totally devoid of taste had added a fake convertible top, again in black, and there was a cutout to allow the sunroof to open still. I wish that I had my digital camera with me, I would have been able to share the misery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pukeface.gif

On a lighter note, I did see a DeTomaso Pantera both on the way to and from work the other day, white and with the rear spoiler. It was being driven by a woman. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DART
10-01-2006, 12:51 PM
"being driven by a woman, white and with the rear spoiler."

That would be a funny looking woman! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

sammyb
10-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Dale,
You took the words right out of my mouth. (Actually, my first thought was "enough about the driver, what did the Pantera look like!"

anthony7777
10-01-2006, 06:15 PM
dart, yes i have myself seen numerous white girls with that rear spoiler! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve
10-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, with a caboose that large she would need all the aerodynamic assistance she can gat.

Alright, for the pedants among us I shall change the grammar.

tony barnhill
10-01-2006, 06:35 PM
You know, if I made some of those grammar comments on other forums, everybody would've come down on me for being too hard....I love this place!!

coldplugs
10-01-2006, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...Alright, for the pedants among us I shall change the grammar.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too late, Steve. We all saw it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

anthony7777
10-01-2006, 08:20 PM
tony, o.k. you are correct, i dont meen these comments to be degrading at all,just pokin fun and bein my usuall smart a-- self,and if ever there was anyone more worthy of havin fun with or bein poked at for thier "grammah" or "spellin" id be the largest and brightest target! i will in the future try to contain meeself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

tony barnhill
10-01-2006, 08:29 PM
No, no, no....I was saying that tongue-in-cheek....referring to some folks elsewhere who get their "panties in a wad" & want to play games - not you...I actually thought about saying the same thing....hehehehe

anthony7777
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
tony, ya meen i dont hav ta, i wont hav ta? great i didnt realy think i could have contained myself, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DART
10-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I feel a little guilty now for bringing on that episode of PC...liked the original post much better. Oh well...

KLUTZ
10-02-2006, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, if I made some of those grammar comments on other forums, everybody would've come down on me for being too hard....I love this place!!

No, no, no....I was saying that tongue-in-cheek....referring to some folks elsewhere who get their "panties in a wad" & want to play games - not you...I actually thought about saying the same thing....hehehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, Tony... you may not agree with me but I believe when Basil made you a Moderator on this site you should have brought with the position, the ideals to not make negative comments about other MG forums.
Don't forget, there are a lot of folks from that BBS that frequent here as well.
Just my $.02

Paul

Basil
10-02-2006, 11:33 AM
It seems there is not a similar concern on certain other forums for allowing negative comments towards this forum - by name - or the manner in which it is operated. That said, lets get this thread back to the topic please. Thank you.

Basil

Nunyas
10-02-2006, 01:14 PM
and that was about a honey with HID headlights and a rear spoiler?

D'oh!!! We were talking about cars! Pantera, yeah, pretty car for certain! I can only claim to have seen 1 on the road. Still a sight to behold in hum drum traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve
10-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Yes, she was in good condition for her age. I couldn't see the driver that well, but then I wasn't really looking.

Nunyas
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I got more excited about seeing a Pantera on the road than I did when I saw a Lambourgini Gallardo or a Murcielago... or even one of the Ferrari F430s...

The closest I came to getting as excited about seeing any other car on the road was when I saw one of the new Aston Martin DB9s... yet another beauty. *sigh*

Still keeping my eyes peeled for the new Aston Martin V-8 Vantage...

DrEntropy
10-02-2006, 04:27 PM
...had to bite me tongue after first reading the *original* posts... virtually... to keep from commenting: "Awww, 'e's English, y'know." I think it should stand as originally posted!

Hi Steve!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

DART
10-02-2006, 05:11 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

mailbox
10-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Deleted. Got a little carried away. Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif