PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT--stolen car notice!!!!!!

jaybird
09-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Crossposted from mgbe:

Posted by: ZB813 (71.252.181.---)
Date: September 30, 2006 05:29AM

I would like to report a stolen MGB:

1977 MGB Roadster
Tahian Blue with white panel and MGB on sides
VIN: GHN5UH411840G
LICENSE PLATE: ZB413

It was stolen about August 25, 2006 from an auto repair shop lot in Raleigh, North Carolina. I have filed a "stolen vehicle" report with the Raleigh Police. The car has rust damage and a bad motor. It was given to my by a life-long friend but was stolen before I could bring it from NC to Texas where I live. I was planning to restore the car for my granddaughter.

If seen, please report it to the Raleigh, NC Police department at (919) 431-1386, case# P-06-117644. I would also appreciate email with any information. Thanks for any help you can provide.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/demies/untitled.jpg

Steve_S
09-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Better find it quick before the people who stole it shoot themselves! Owning an MG without a support group like this one is suicide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jaybird
09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
~snort~

You do have a point Steve. Owner mentioned a 'bad' engine. It may be abandoned, dead on the road, somewhere by now.

tony barnhill
09-30-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm going to Durham Tuesday to pick up a hardtop...I'll look for it.

Baz
09-30-2006, 07:57 PM
If it was stolen 8/25 ish, I'd be checking on ebay for parts from an lower ranked seller couple of days apart.

jlaird
10-01-2006, 09:15 AM
If I was going to steal one that would not have been it. Think I would go find Binabox. I mean what the heck the sentance is the same.

anthony7777
10-01-2006, 10:28 AM
it sucks when one has anything stolen from them but an mgb no matter what shape it was in would be sought after by a norrow group specific to the mark, probably not the victum of a "joy ride" theft specialy since the engine is bad,was that "auto repair" shop going to do the work? or was it just being stored there? did they perhaps know someone that needed parts? how easy is it to remove an mgb from there with a bad engine? probably would have needed a tow truck at some point and knew that.looking on ebay for these parts is a great idea, but my feeling is this car was dismantled the same night/day it was stolen and the bits transfured to another such vehicle, as bad as i feel for the owner i dont think hes gunna see that car in one piece again, does anyone know what ever happened to the guy that had his i believe mgtc stolen in his car trailer? ever find it? its a shame! just my two cents worth- azzena7777 stolen car psychic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

anthony7777
10-01-2006, 10:32 AM
tony, better bring all ya "sniffer" dogs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JamesWilson
10-02-2006, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It may be abandoned, dead on the road, somewhere by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope its recovered, but that may be expensive....

Years ago my MGB was stolen and abandoned 3 blocks away.

I'd taken the brake calipers off, but left it sitting as though everything was normal. Crooks took off and then couldn't stop....

The Police had the car towed and it only cost a small fortune (Towing charge, storage fees and I think there was even some kind of traffic fine for the car being left in the middle of the road!).

I was glad to get it back.

Just wish I could have seen their face when the wrong pedal went to the metal.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif