PDA

View Full Version : Moving up already at work

kennypinkerton
09-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, even though I'm the low man on the totem pole at work right now, by the first week of november, I'm going to be the second in charge. I'll be going for my CDL tests before then, and I'll be training the new guys as they come in (he wants 2 more employees). So I guess that means a pretty good promotion within 2 months of becoming employed - especially since only 3 of us work there right now including the manager. The other guy is leaving in november to move up north, leaving me as the most experienced guy there (besides the manager). Wow, things are kind of moving fast. I'm quite happy with it though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

drooartz
09-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Good on you, Kenny. Always nice to see a friend get ahead in the world. I'm sure it feels nice to be appreciated and trusted.

tony barnhill
09-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Congrats, Kenny - so, with the CDL, we can transport lots of cars?

kennypinkerton
09-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I guess so, I'll be able to haul over 26,000 pounds combined GVW, and be certified for air-brake-equipped vehicles... now we just need a vehicle - I don't think the boss will let us borrow the dumptruck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve
09-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Congratulations Kenny, you deserved a break.

Basil
09-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Great news! Congrats!
Basil

Steve_S
09-18-2006, 10:12 PM
That's the way to kick arse! Go Kenny!

jsneddon
09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Way to go Kenny!

You'll have those cars back on the road in no time!

PC
09-19-2006, 12:49 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jlaird
09-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Tell ya what Kenney, we miss you around here in the day time but know you and wife are very pleased with your reverse of fortunes.

I'll bet there is a retirement plan, a medical plan, and even paid vacations and lots of national holidays. Go go good guys.

vping
09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
That's Great news! Good Job.

GB1
09-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Kenny

Excellent. In two more months you'll own the company.

Patrick

R6MGS
09-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Way to go Kenny! Great to see a fellow MGB owner movin up....Just in time too...I bet those cars are feelin a little neglected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

DrEntropy
09-19-2006, 03:25 PM
'xcellent! As Patrick says, keep it up at this pace and you'll own the company in no time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

kennypinkerton
09-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Yep, I haven't even started either of them in the past month. I should have money to start putting into them by january after I climb out of the pile of bills we fell behind on, and after christmas.

I doubt I'll ever own the company though, it's a non-profit run by a board of directors, but I am one position away from being manager... Although I hope Mr. Rice (the manager) stays around for a while.

mailbox
09-19-2006, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I am one position away from being manager...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Kenny ole buddy ole pal since your sooooo well connected and moving on up the ladder so fast, I need a job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

WhatsThatNoise
09-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Congratulations /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif.....Did you get to run the backhoe yet?

Great job & it sure makes the day go fast!
There is nothing more honest than digging a hole.

(No argument about it.......You can measure it right in front of them before you get paid) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ecurie_ecosse
09-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Good on ya Kenny. Have you figured out why when you refill a hole there is still a lot of dirt left?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Keoke
09-20-2006, 02:39 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

He didn't join the AF Jack! he just got a job!.---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kennypinkerton
09-20-2006, 05:42 PM
When we fill, we have to pack it down and groom it (edge of people yards and such) so it all goes in eventually, but yeah it looks at first like there's gonna be way too much dirt to fill the hole back up. Nope I haven't run the backhoe yet, but I was asking lots of questions about it. And I climbed aboard the ditchwitch today and started asking what all the levers and pedals did.

We spent all day running 2 service lines under a road today (running 3/4 inch copper to replace the plastic lines that were leaking). I spent my fair share behind a shovel in a hole most of the day. I'm tired and ready for a rest... tomorrow we start back up reading meters again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

R6MGS
09-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I always envied the meter guys....How many people get paid to go 'car scouting'?

jlaird
09-20-2006, 08:57 PM
LoL. Kenny gets paid for scouting. Hay, he can be Tonys scouter in his part of Alabama.

tony barnhill
09-20-2006, 09:14 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif hehehehe - Jack, I've got a whole network of spotters out there!

kennypinkerton
09-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Mostly old american iron out there... we've got about 500 or so more meters to go, and so far the only old foreign car I've seen is an old volvo sedan. There's a used car lot with a nice looking 59 ford fairlane 500 2 door coupe. a 58 ford behind someone's house, the rear clip of a 67/68 camaro, a couple 40's cars being rebuilt. My manager is a car guy too, building a hotrod from a 1936 plymouth.