PDA

View Full Version : Wet, tired, hungry-Car Show weekend.

jaybird
09-17-2006, 05:46 PM
In the truest British tradition, it rained. And it rained, and then it decided to really rain. 125 cars showed, started the voting early so we could wrap things up for everyone earlier than normal due to the RAIN.

LONG weekend. Show festivities started Friday 5pm with the parking lot party/barbeque sponsored by John Mangles of our club (themgdoc, HiTech Collision). Then the rally to Forest Park to the Hot Air Balloon Festival and car display. Toss in a concert last night and up at 5am to head to the show field today.

Did I mention tired?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll have some pics sooner or later. There was a car there you guys will love. Oh, actually 2 of them. One was the only one in the United States that was 'driving.' And there are only 62 or 64 in the entire world. I'll let you guess on what car that might have been while I wring out and find some food.

All in all, weather or not, the 25th Annual All British Car & Cycle show is history!
((WHEW))

R6MGS
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Weather was great here for the annual British car Day.....I think I heard somewhere around 1200 cars registered. This is the biggest show of the season for me so I look foward to it all year....It's always interesting to see some of the 60+ LBC's I've owned and chat with their current owners.

jaybird
09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey, did you see Mark Jones, Paul (KLUTZ) Coxon & Eric (Limey) Marshall there today?

R6MGS
09-17-2006, 09:38 PM
No...I was looking for Paul....He said he was going to have the red B....But there musta been about 20 red CB MGB's there....I was kinda hanging out in the jaguar section most of the day.....kinda strange to be on the 'other side' for a change.

KLUTZ
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I headed over to the Jaguar section but remembered I had forgotten my cartigan and tie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif so slummed over at the TR7 section for a few minutes. (They seem to have lost a place in my heart since I sold mine) Ron, we were right in the middle of the two lanes of MGB's and Midgets because we got there later. Our friends Mark and Judy had the blue MGB GT right behind us.
But, yes... the weather was perfect. I sure I will catch you eventually.

Paul

R6MGS
09-18-2006, 11:46 AM
I remember seeing those cars parked between the rows...was mostly MGA's there though? The Jag guys get the best spot...I was about 3 cars from the DJ truck and in the shade under a tree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif...You might have seen my old LE though, one of the 3 LE's there....the only one with the hood opened....My old XKE(light willard green)..Even my old TR6 made a breif appearance. There was alot of nice TR6's there...makes me wish I still had mine, even the Spitfires had a few excellent cars(a yellow Spitfire with GT6 drivetrain and a factory hardtop was one of my favorites)...Hopefully I'll catch ya next year....Wish I had known about your hood struts, could have looked for the red B with the tallest hood.