PDA

View Full Version : Really bad dream

vping
09-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Since I got the GT running well I take it out as much as I can. Last night my dream was of a fun drive turned to nightmare breakdown.

I've got some clacking going on in the engine. Set the valves at .012" while hot and it did not go away. Went to a club meeting the other night and a few suggested it's my timing. The car, when warm sounds like a deisel.

So back to the dream.

Cruising along on some roads that are near my house, when the clacking go worse. Then suddenly it got really loud and I look down to see no oil pressure. Yikes! I shut her down with lightening fast speed and pull over. The only thing I remember saying to myself was, "gee I am glad I am only about 3 miles from home so AAA won't cost me too much".

My oil pressure is 35 to 40 psi at idle and 50 to 55 while driving.

What does it all mean man? Don't dreams usually mean the opposite? Honestly I only had 1 Fosters before I went to sleep.

kyreb1862
09-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Don't mean to be alarmist but the last time I had an engine make a noise like that, my old VW Scirocco dropped a valve through a piston. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

kennypinkerton
09-10-2006, 09:24 AM
I sometimes have weird dreams about something I've spent a lot of time working on... I doubt the dream was phrophesy. You are just worrying about your car both conciously and subconciously because of the amount of time you've spent on it. Pull the valve cover and verify the lash again, and observe the valves, make sure they are all coming all the way up and one isn't sticking.

ecurie_ecosse
09-10-2006, 09:32 AM
One Fosters can be risky,after all "it's Australian for beer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

tony barnhill
09-10-2006, 01:47 PM
What did Jiminy Crickett say in the song?

"A dream is a wish your heart makes
While you're fast asleep."

Steve_S
09-11-2006, 01:01 AM
It's the end of the world!

WhatsThatNoise
09-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Inventory your spanners....

Maybe ya left one somewhere bad?

(I have found tools in my driveway a few times) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif