PDA

View Full Version : Nice meeting in person

drooartz
09-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Just had a nice visit with Doug (AngliaGT). He's on his way back to California from his trip to Colorado. First time I've met anyone from the forum in person. Really nice to have a chance to chat with another car guy for a while, and always good to make another friend.

Here's to hoping he has a safe rest of his trip.

tony barnhill
09-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Maybe we should plan a BCF car show somewhere in the center of our population mass - anybody looked at that funny map thing lately to see where the center might be?

anthony7777
09-02-2006, 08:23 AM
tony, just took a look at the member map thingy, looks like the east is the beast,why dont we dont we shoot for the place that has the least number of members? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

jlaird
09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Ha, okies. Everyone to Tonys. He's buying. Bring something I can take home on my trailer.

swift6
09-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Doug stopped by my place earlier in the week. Finally made a connection after a few failed attempts over the years. Original attempts began after I joined NAEFR (North American English Ford Registry) but it wasn't until we were both on the BCF that we actually met in person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jessebogan
09-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Doug gets around!! I had a nice afternoon with him at my shop in Maryland over the summer. I missed him at the local British Car Day, but he stopped by the next monday. It is always good to put a face to the posts.

aeronca65t
09-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Doug *does* get around!
I had a nice chat with him by phone when he was "east" earlier this year. We couldn't meet up because I was going to be away when he was nearby, but he called me anyway. A great guy to speak to!
Also, he just sent me some great copies of historic race flyers.....great stuff!

drooartz
09-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Nothing is ever close to Utah, so it was a real treat to have someone passing through.

Love to see a BCF show somewhere. Tony's sounds nice to me. I'll even bring a trailer so I can help clean out his garage a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif