PDA

View Full Version : Rousy lotten weather

Banjo
08-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Aarrrrrgggg.. I was just gettin goin on the welding for my frame repair on the ol CJ when it started sprinkling. I'm outside cause the Jag is occupying my work bay. So I throw a tarp over the welder and do a little more..... Then it starts coming down a little harder. So I pick up my tools, wheel the welder inside and come in the check the radar and see when it's gonna let up....
No time soon! It looks to be steady for the next several hours... grrrrrrr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
AND I'm outta beer!!!!
Bee double eee Double arrr uuu ennn, Beer run!

anthony7777
08-19-2006, 03:32 PM
banjo,bummer but enjoy the beer,and "rots a ruck" with the welding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

Banjo
08-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Update. 5:30 pm still raining....
Tons of stuff I should be doing inside instead of the big nothing I am doing, but only one thing I want to be doing....
Durn Jaguar... Takin up my garage bay.... taunting me with its locked up motor and million dollar brake job... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif
Tony! I feel a "I might sell the Jag fit" coming on again...
I need to get it over to my buddies shop.
Oh well at least the Killians is cold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

SilentUnicorn
08-19-2006, 04:32 PM
wow you can predict the future? Kewl! at 5:28 you KNEW it would still be raining at 5:30. Take heart tho, what is passing by you is on its way to me......and i am on vacation this week.

mark

R6MGS
08-19-2006, 04:41 PM
My vacation is ending tuesday...and it's just starting to rain, I wanted to give my 58 A a good clean up today, but thats not happening...So SWMBO caught me doing nothing so now I am working on getting our master bedroom put back together after it's 6 month reno.

tony barnhill
08-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Banjo - when everybody left, I actually got the garage clean - well, at least cleaner! Hmmmm, room for a big Jag - well, I could enclose the back corner where I'm getting ready to build a lawnmower shed.....

Baz
08-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Sorry to say this Banjo, but in my amateur capacity as weather geek, looks like you have an upper level disturbance heading your way into tomorrow bringing more rain & some thunderboomers.
Get more beer....

Banjo
08-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Glad to report, Bas was wrong! hehehe
Turned out to be patchy clouds all day. I got a lot of the welding done. Ran through an entire 2# spool of wire, and a few beers.
I'll probably have a few more nights finishing up the leftovers, but I should be ready to go after the brake lines,fuel lines, gas tank, and wiring by next weekend. Hopefully this thing will see active duty by next month.

Baz
08-20-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm glad in that case!
I'm not as familiar with NE patterns as I am midwest, but hey, you got the job done, should be nice for you this next week. I think.

tony barnhill
08-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Well. rain got to me today - have everything ready to pull engine/trans out of a '67 I'm disassembling except motor mount bolts when it hit...so I laid down on a proch swing & took a nap - now that I'm awake & rain's stopped, I don't feel like doing anything...daytime naps always have that effect!

R6MGS
08-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Was cold and cloudy here....Finished up the Bedroom(finally) now we're just waiting for carpet....Then it's furniture shopping time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hoping for good weather tomorrow so I can get my 58 cleaned up.

aeronca65t
08-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Saturday at 4:45 PM, sitting on the false grid in the Spridget at Pocono Raceway, waiting for our 1 hour enduro to start.

It's pouring and my pal Bruce is sitting next to me laughing inside his cozy 1275 Mini.
I have no wipers and it's hot as well as raining, so the windshield is fogging badly (even when at speed). The Rain-X doesn't seem to help a bit.

Pete is sitting behind us, equally miserable as me in his Mk II Spridget.

I was holding my own until I tried to race a 1600 Fiesta into a 4th gear turn and ended up visiting the escape road. I lost twenty seconds that I never made up.
The other Spridget did the same thing later on (while racing me into a corner).

In the end (6:00 PM), Bruce and his Mini won in our tiddler class.

I got second and passed a 427 Cobra roadster on the last lap. Rain is a great equalizer.
Overall winner was a Spec-Miata (with a roof and wipers).

Our photog is sending print pix in a while, so I'll put some up in "Racing".

Sunday was an excellent top-down day in the street Miata.

tony barnhill
08-21-2006, 08:17 PM
So, about 4pm the gosh awfullest storm ripped through - winds came from the northwest & took out a pecan tree across the street & half a Bradford Pear tree on my property...tree landed about 3" from my Dodge pickup & didn't touch it! We had just started loading the old '67 body on my trailer to take to scrap yard when storm blew in...we jumped under my little shade tent & hung onto it for dear life as the rain blew sideways!

It left as quickly as it arrived....during the storm, lightening hit an original growth tree right outside my subdivision & blocked half the main road...we saw it hit but didn't know until later what/where it hit....

Baz
08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Our photog is sending print pix in a while, so I'll put some up in "Racing".

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent pictures sir, looked like fun. I was once the proud owner of a 1600 fiesta, a fun car.