PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Darned Good Week!

tony barnhill
08-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Looking back on this week, I finally feel like I've accomplished some things I needed to!

Monday I moved a whole stack of wood off a concrete pad I'm getting ready to build a lawnmower shed on & took 2 gas tanks to the shop to be cleaned, etc., 4 radiators also.

Got the 3 acres mowed Tuesday and all the pecan trees trimmed.

Drove to Memphis Wednesday to pick up a '79 MGB I bought from Joe Reed.

Thursday removed & took 4 heads to the machine shop, picked up both gas tanks & 1 radiator from shop & got a '67 I'm disassembling all stripped except for engine & trans that are ready to yank tomorrow morning.

Today repaired several sections of my MG Graveyard 8' wooden fence that had blown down in a storm & a 20x18 open sided parts car shed framed & ready for metal roofing Monday.

Plus took at least 3 packages of new or used parts a day to FEDEX every day except Wednesday.

WHEW! I ain't getting off the sofa tonight!

Mickey Richaud
08-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Take the rest of the week off, Tony! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Mickey

Baz
08-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Don't forget you babysat me through a compression test!

tony barnhill
08-18-2006, 07:21 PM
...& a buddy of mine who had never rebuilt an MGB engine who I've been helping over the phone & with new parts for months drove by this morning & we set his carbs, fixed an exhaust leak, pulled & installed a rear view mirror & he left happy as a lark - knowing he can fix his little car if it breaks!

KLUTZ
08-18-2006, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...& a buddy of mine who had never rebuilt an MGB engine who I've been helping over the phone & with new parts for months drove by this morning & we set his carbs, fixed an exhaust leak, pulled & installed a rear view mirror & he left happy as a lark - knowing he can fix his little car if it breaks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?

Keenan?

:)

DART
08-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Tony- you are amazing,.. wasn't there was a small issue with a foot a couple weeks ago?

tony barnhill
08-19-2006, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who? Keenan?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, a local guy who actually reads the manual before he asks a question & isn't afraid to turn wrenches & who'll call & say "I screwed up" and take advice!

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't there was a small issue with a foot a couple weeks ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thanks for asking...its still a bit tender & the scab ofer the main broken place hasn't fallen off but I can wear shoes & the blue is slowly going away.

anthony7777
08-19-2006, 03:29 PM
tony, its to bad your already married!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tony barnhill
08-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Why, anthony, is that a proposal? hehehehehe

AngliaGT
08-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Tony,

Don't accept until you get a ring,& a date!

- Doug