PDA

View Full Version : Help us celebrate our 25th!

jayhawk
08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Just to let folks know that Kansas City's silver aniversary all British show will be held over labor day weekend. If you're in the area (or need an excuse for a trip) come join us! KC has great golf, pro sports, shopping, arts, food, and entertainment-- and the show should be fun too!

http://kcallbritish.tripod.com/driving.html

We do pretty darned well for a mid sized city with folks from several neighboring states and lots of categories of neat British cars, spare parts, new parts, etc.

jaybird
08-09-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm there. Have my room reserved, my registration's mailed. Now promise me NO rain between STL and KC, because I cannot put the top up on Binabox by myself!!! Bringing at least 2 other cars, Robert Rushing (editor of The Driver) and John Mangles (my MG Doc)

tony barnhill
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
I've always enjoyed that show!

jaybird
08-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Suppose I should practice putting the top up hey? Otherwise, it starts raining, I'll have to play the damsel in distress and I really stink at that. Chuck's going to Indianapolis that weekend for the drag races, so I'm bach'ing it to KC.

jayhawk
08-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Rain on labor day in KC? OK, Jaybird, we'll order 78 degrees and partly cloudy, 8-10 MPH breeze off the lake.

The rain and MGB Reminds me of a trip my wife and I took in my first MGB-- 'a teal blue '72 with camel interior. Went from KC to Chicago to New Orleans-- Poured like crazy going over Lake Ponchetrane (Ponchitrane)? in heavy traffic and couldn't stop to get the top up.

kennypinkerton
08-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Leave the top up for the drive over, and then recruit a guy or two from the show WITH a fold-up-trunk-stowable-top, and let them help you put it down... Otherwise, if you just really want the whole top-down experience, take the rain as it comes and dry off (and change clothes) when you get there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jaybird
08-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I can't stand to drive top up. That's why I thought the zipdown rear window was a waste of money. I don't mind DRIVING in the rain, I just hate slowing down or stopping in the rain...that's when I get wet.

I'll practice. It can't be that hard. Problem is top is still so tight I can't snap down the front lock thingies with two hands!

jlaird
08-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Hmmm, Bugeye had a top bow with springs so you put it up loose and then released them. Yours does not have some feature like that?

kennypinkerton
08-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Nope - MGB top frames are just a plain scissor frame... and if I recall, she has a 2-piece removable/stowable frame that splits down the middle and goes in the boot.