PDA

View Full Version : Just installed my hard top!

TypeRboy
04-24-2003, 02:01 AM
Wow.. Now we're getting down to it. The interior is finished, and the hard top is on. I installed the back glass tonight, and there is really very little left to do.

For some reason the headlights don't work now.. a quick check revealed nothing but it can't be serious, it's a new harness and they were working fine.

The only thing i have left really is to manufacture a cold air intake, and fix my high reading tach. I'm still looking for a Michelin x radial for my spare. Even a 165 sr 14 would do if I can't find a 145.

aeronca65t
04-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Old Brit-car saying: "Cars with Lucas headlights have to drive faster than the night!"

A couple I know has an MGBGT and an old Mini. I had to meet up with the girl to exchange some parts the other day (see here: http://www.britishcarforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000057).

Anyway, she arrived in a new MINI (she's keeping the old Mini too). When I saw it, I said, "Wow, Dave must be jealous of you for buying this". She said, "Not really...he just bought a Lotus Elan!".

I guess I'll be hearing more about the Lotus as time goes on.

Dave Thielke
04-24-2003, 04:03 PM
TypeRboy
Are you looking for the Micheline X just for a match for show or fit?
I ran Michelines on my wife's Honda for a long time (several sets) but alass we just swapped it for a minivan. You might check some salvage yards for other makes of cars whose owners installed thaem in the past, tho they probably will be rather worn.
Sorry, I looked around but didn't keep the old spare.
Glad to see you are almost ready to go.
Dave T bluspit@attbi.com

Super 7
04-25-2003, 08:00 PM
14" skinny tires? What wheels are you running?

As far as I know all Elans came with 13" x 5" wheels, except plus 2's which had 13" x 5 1/2". Can't say that I would go with the top, but have fun!

TypeRboy
05-06-2003, 03:14 AM
Duh..My misprint.. it's 145 sr 13.. But it's ok..I found one..

New Elan owners are always welcome..( as is everybody else of course! )