PDA

View Full Version : "Roadster" book

aeronca65t
11-19-2002, 07:02 PM
Just finished reading Chris Goodrich’s book, “Roadster” for the second time. If you’re in any way interested in building or learning about Lotus/Caterham Sevens, this is a neat book (you can probably find it on Amazon, BN, etc.).

The book has sort of a “Zen” approach to the whole topic, with Goodrich admitting that he’s sort of a mechanical doofus…..and you may learn a bit about Nietzsche on the way.

Goodrich occasionally drives his creation at Lime Rock, and I’ve seen it in the flesh. The car’s great…the book’s great fun!

TypeRboy
11-19-2002, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the review.. How about getting the car itself for me to review.. images/icons/grin.gif

I always liked the 7.. But no one is stupid enough to actually let me drive one.. Ha ha ha ..

Christopher H
01-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Excellent book. If I could afford the kit I'd build one...I'm pretty financially tapped after my two resto projects.

Christopher

[ 01-01-2003: Message edited by: Christopher H ]</p>

Sherlock
01-01-2003, 03:39 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> The book has sort of a “Zen” approach to the whole topic, with Goodrich admitting that he’s sort of a mechanical doofus...<hr></blockquote>

That sounds like someone just like me, maybe there's hope for me yet.

And the Seven absolutely rules!

William
01-01-2003, 11:57 PM
A Seven kit is right at the top of my "Gosh, I'd like to try that!" list. Problem is fitting in one-I'd need the stretched version!
-William

TypeRboy
01-02-2003, 03:15 AM
They do make some longer ones.. graemlins/yesnod.gif