PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Looking for your cast offs

MisterB
10-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Hi Folks-
Looking for a few parts for the '67 BJ8. Driver level parts are fine for this one at present as I am trying to have a complete car before starting on it in earnest.
This might be some time, but I'd like to have it in one big, complete lump while it sleeps.
Here's what I am missing as far as I know at the moment---
Driver's door outside handle (pushbutton type) with the inside release pivoting piece. (Nomenclature??)
Rear Stop, turn and tail lights. Bases alone are ok, as I do have some red lenses and if it is as I suspect, the amber ones interchange with turn signal on every British bike from the early 70's that had turn signals. Am I off on that? Parts bin engineering 101 says it's a good bet.
Glovebox knob and lock cylinder. Yes, I know, unobtanium.... gotta give it a shot, though.
Washer bottle & bracket.
As far as I know that's it. Please let me know if you have some dusty rejects that will complete my poor old derelict car.

Thanks again---
Mike Burgess
Albert, KS

MisterB
10-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Update-
I suspected wrong! These car lenses are half again as big as the motorcycle ones. Patterning is almost identical. I guess I'll leave the parts bin engineering for GM, at least in this case. Don't want to disseminate false theories.

MisterB
10-27-2016, 06:57 PM
Update #2-
Found a door handle and washer bottle/bracket. Could still use all 4 tail lights (have 2 red lenses so double filament usable 10-footer bases would go a long way) and the glovebox knob/cylinder.
It's kind of starting to look like a car! Neato!
Best-
Mike Burgess
Albert, KS

HealeyRick
10-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Repro glove box lock is available here: https://www.ahspares.co.uk/austin-healey/big-healey/Dashboard-Console/GLOVE-BOX-LOCK-KEYS.aspx Not cheap, but cheaper than you'll probably find an original.

MisterB
10-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Update #3-
Lights are sorted. I have discovered that I need all of the electrical parts on the firewall save the voltage regulator. Uphill battle but I'm gaining.
Thanks for the heads up on the glovebox knob Rick. I have a call in to my old car parts guy in the area. He used to have a potfull of Metros at one time but it's good to know that a plan B is out there.
Thanks once again Folks-
Mike

MisterB
11-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Update #4-
Just bit the bullet and ordered the electrical items on the firewall. I hope that new is as good as original. Cautious optimism.
Thanks again-
Mike